During the entire event there is an obligation to wear a thermal suit or wetsuit. At least short arms
and legs are required. The organizer is responsible for releasing the neoprene from the weather and
will be announced in good time.
The race management provides swimming caps and start numbers that must be worn by the
participants throughout the race. Start numbers must be returned after the race. We charge EUR
20.00 for each race number not submitted.
It is not allowed to take off equipment during the race. All participants must carry their equipment
with them from the start to the finish line. Motorized swimming aids are not allowed.
Important rules during the event
The event takes place on public, marked but not closed roads, paths and water surfaces, so that the
following important basic rules must be observed when participating:
- the participants must comply with the German road traffic regulations at all times.
- participation requires constant caution and mutual respect. Trail sections must be run carefully,
special care is required when crossing roads and at field exits, crossing vehicles is to be expected.
- participants must behave in such a way that no one else is harmed, endangered or more than is
inevitable, impeded or bothered by the circumstances.
- in no case is it allowed to throw things away (e.g. food packaging) or drop them. Unintentional
violations will be punished with a warning plus a time penalty for the first time. In the event of
repetition, the event will be excluded. Littering leads to immediate disqualification.
- environmental impairments of any kind, which go beyond what is necessary for the competition,
are to be avoided and can be punished with disqualification.
- help from other participants and external third parties (i.e. others as team partners) is excluded.
Mutual help in emergencies is an exception. This is mandatory.
- defects in the equipment must generally be corrected by each participant in addition to the
advertisement, without hindering the other participants.
- each participant is responsible for food and drinks during the stages. The organizer will provide
adequate food in the catering areas. However, the organizer does not guarantee the availability of
food and drinks.
- every participant is obliged to wear his start numbers (the two participants of a team have the same
start numbers) clearly visible at all times during the entire event. The advertising on the start
numbers must not be covered or otherwise made unrecognizable.
Security & liability
The participants of the same team must not be more than 10m apart on land and in water. Otherwise
there is a risk of disqualification. The organizer's liability is limited as follows:
- the organizer is liable without limitation for damage resulting from injury to life, limb or health,
which is based on a negligent or willful breach of duty by the organizer or a legal representative or
vicarious agent of the organizer. This also applies to other damages.
- the organizer is not liable for any damage resulting from a negligent breach of duty by the
organizer or a legal representative or vicarious agent, unless it concerns damage from the violation
of cardinal obligations. The amount of liability for damage from the violation of cardinal
obligations is limited to the replacement of the foreseeable and contract-typical damage at the time
the contract was concluded. "Cardinal obligations" are those whose fulfillment enables the proper
execution of the contract in the first place and on which the participant can regularly rely.
- the present limitation of liability also applies expressly to lost valuables, clothing and equipment.
The participant is hereby expressly again informed that he is solely liable for damage he inflicts on
the organizer or third parties (e.g. other participants or spectators) insofar as the participant is
responsible for them, i.e. the participant is guilty of intent or negligence. The organizer recommends
taking out private liability insurance.
Registration and payment
Registration and payment are made via the fitfox portal. Registration is binding.
There will be no reimbursement of the registration fee, unless the cancellation of the event or the
termination of the event is due to intent or gross negligence on the part of the organizer.
A team partner can be replaced up to the race day.
The organizer is entitled to take or have photos and moving pictures taken by the participants during
the event and - subject to paragraph (2) - without any temporal, local and content-related restrictions
on TV, internet, in printed matter, any known and also future medium, to be used free of charge for
advertising purposes without time limit, in particular to publish and / or edit, ie without having to
pay any remuneration / compensation. This includes in particular the right to grant third parties (e.g.
sponsors of the event) the right to use them.
Explicitly not included is the use of individual participants (or a group) in a way that highlights the
participants in such a way that the focus is no longer on the event or event participation, but on the
person himself. Such uses require the prior approval of the participants concerned.
The participant agrees that the personal data collected will be passed on to third parties for the
purpose of timing, creating the result lists and posting these lists on the Internet.